1) I believe God wants to be known and one of my passions is to see Him be known. As I was on campus this fall, one student said this: “God was trying to kill me.” Its amazing how skewed the perspective of God can be. I think God’s character is one of the Enemy’s gravest deceptions.
2 2) As I was sitting waiting for one of our students, a random student came up and started to chat. During our conversation he proceeded to
pull out a mason jar filled with marijuana, rolled up a joint, and preceded to
smoke it at our table while we learned about each other’s background. I
invited him to large group and weeks later he actually came!
3)
While our staff was on a prayer walk at a sorority house near
SDSU, a loud bang occurred. Something had hit the house, we began to pray again
not knowing what was going on and soon after another thump happened as what
seemed to be a water balloon hit a truck on the street near us. We realized
soon enough someone was launching water filled condoms (instead of balloons) from across the street. Were they aiming at the
sorority house, the truck near us, or maybe us?
4)
As I was trying to help the students grow in their prayer
life, we began as a community to write down our prayer requests to see what God
would do. We were in dire need for a full time faculty member to become our
advisor or else our campus access would be limited. So, we set a time (not
trying to rub a lamp or anything) and asked God to give us an advisor by Sept.
30th. Several weeks after we wrote down our prayer request, God
provided a faculty advisor in a miraculous way! Even better than the actual
provision is that our students began to see the living God respond to their
prayers. We have been seeing more and more of our prayers answered and I
believe God is doing things like this to build our faith as a community. Thank
You LORD!
5)
During the Bible study I lead on campus we met so many people
who came to explore the question: “who is Jesus”? One guy who I was trying to
get connected with us all semester finally came to one of these Bible studies.
After seeing that through Jesus he could see and understand who God is, he said
“this is what I needed to hear today”. This student is a Christian, at least in
name, and is going through a lot. Shortly after this study his dad passed away
from liver failure. Please pray for him and his fam.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.